Living a Life of Hope.

0705

I'm sitting here in the bleary eyed morning with my cup of espresso and a head full of stress and mind processes at a mile a minute.
Yes, I am stressed.
Yes, I've already had fleeting moments of doubt.
But here I sit...er...stand in front of my dining table, simply beaming from ear to ear and I wouldn't change it for the world.

15 hours of lab.
8 hours of lecture.
A week.


Second semester
"The semester of doom" they say.
And I can see it my dear reader, new ideas and concepts being thrown at you from every which way, so much so that you don't even know which way is up. From 8-5 everyday, five days a week.
The stress can be entombing, that's for sure, and I definitely don't always see the, "light at the end of the tunnel".

I feel that through all this pandemonium, (being only a mere 4 weeks in) my God has shown himself in so many ways I never thought possible. Let me share with you my most recent encounter (today).

It's a common habit of mine to listen to worship music before my classes. It's something I grew up on and prepares me for the day ahead of myself.
Today, the song It Is Well by Bethel Music came onto my Spotify and the realization just clicked with me. The song seemed so familiar to something I couldn't connect to until now.

Spotify allows you to see what other people are listening to on the application and during this specific moment in time(several weeks ago ) I had a acquaintance of mine at church I followed listening to the song listed above.
Now, I know this doesn't seem that significant dear reader, but indeed it is.

This beautiful individual was undergoing brain surgery to remove a tumor, that afternoon.
Brain.
Surgery.
Not the Grey's Anatomy kind, the kind that makes you fear beyond your worst nightmares.

And here I am, enshrouded in worry and stress and this song comes on in all its beauty and I'm just completely blown away by the realization.
I'm worrying about such a little thing whereas my friend is listening to the exact song, probably scared out of her mind about the surgery she's about to endure.

When we don't have dire situations in our life, the mind seems to try to formulate one. whether we like it or not, and run with it.
Don't let your sneaky little cerebrum make mountains out of molehills.


It may seem bad right in that fleeting moment, but you have NO idea what others are grappling with, that could make your problem seem like a speck of dirt to theirs.


Inspiration and expiration.
Practice humility in your stress, even when it's overwhelming and you want to scream so hard your lungs ribbon to shreds.
You are not alone.
So many are fighting the same fight you are, keep at it.

Hanny out.

-H

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toxin Free.

.Radical Love.

Love Yourself.