Welcome to the Blog of Radical Honesty. (And Introduction to me I Suppose.)

Recently I was inspired by a good friend I genuinely admire to start blogging and I guess I thought it was a great idea? We shall see, we shall see my online companions.

So internet, prepare yourselves for the random and hopefully deep ramblings and rants of yours truly because it can, and WILL get messy.

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Hannah Palmer and I'm currently a Sophomore at SDSU pursuing a major in Medical Laboratory Sciences and a minor in Psychology. I'm a hopeless romantic and an avid lover of concealing my feelings until they explode and don't forget incredibly sassy and stubborn. This sounds so much to me like I'm filling out a dating application and I can't help but chuckle as my furry companion looks at me with disgust and infatuation at the same time and I love it.

Give me a camera/running shoes/adventure in the great wide somewhere and a friend to gallumph around with and I could go on forever.

I have a beautiful one year cat named Kuna whom has issues with gravity, thus giving her the one-of-a-kind nickname of, "Drunko".

I am a singer.

I am a lover of the Lord.

I build fishtanks in my free time.

I grow non-hallucinogenic mushrooms. (Had to throw that one in just for kicks.)

I have a rare genetic metabolic disorder called PKU that I embrace and despise with every fiber of my physical being.

I am a survivor of 2 Eating Disorders.

I have overcome diagnosed Severe Anxiety with the help from the, "Big Man Upstairs".

I have diagnosed Depression.

Surprised you the the honesty did I?
Our society lacks this on such a wide scale it shocks me. Radical honesty is something I readily embrace and I believe so many are ashamed of their weaknesses or events that have affected their lives for better or worse.
Guess what? EVERYONE has downfalls that they're ashamed/afraid to share because of judgement through their peers. I've learned that humans will judge anything that seems to roam the earth so why not cast aside the fear of judgement from our peers and expose our "weaknesses" for what they are? Who knows, you may find a friend or companion that relates so closely to your own experience it alters your entire mindset.

Just remember my my dear reader as I do;

Your "weaknesses" are not something to be magnified and picked apart, but something to improve on.
Disorders do not label you as a civilian would say, "crazy".
Beauty is not defined by physical features, but actions and behaviors as well.
Your identity is not in your past, it is in your present.
You are loved.


In retrospect to as a "steriotypical white girl" would say a "lit" first blog post, welcome to my life and struggles of an extraordinary radically honest girl influenced by an even more Extroardinary God.

-HP







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.Radical Love.

Toxin Free.